The Institute of Indian Foundrymen (IIF) organized the Foundry Innovation & New Technology Summit on 10th November 2017 at Hotel Vivanta by TAJ Ambassador, New Delhi. The summit was attended by 69 participants from across the country. The Summit was sponsored by M/s. Electrotherm and co-sponsored by M/s. Inductotherm, M/s.
Forace Polymers & M/s. Rhino Machines.
Mr. A. K. Anand, Director IIF extended a very warm welcome to all participants on behalf of IIF and an entire team of IIF Delhi office. During the opening remarks, he mentioned that we are passing through disruptive changes like digitization, Manufacturing 4G, Switching to Electric Mobility, Implementation of GST which is still to stabilize, besides environmental issues. Keeping these disruptions in focus, IIF has organized this summit, which will stimulate us to continuously innovate and to revisit our business models and processes to stay and thrive in our businesses.
The Summit was inaugurated by traditional lightening of lamp by President IIF Mr. Amish Panchal, Vice President IIF Mr. Shashi Kumar Jain, Immediate Past President IIF Mr. Anil Vaswani, Director IIF Mr. A. K. Anand & Convenor of the Summit Mr. Manish Kothari.
Mr. Manish Kothari explained the objectives and details of the event and significance of the summit for the businesses and highlighted that the success lies in continuous innovation in
our respective fields. He then requested President IIF to address the participants.
President IIF Mr. Amish Panchal welcomed the participants and briefed them about various IIF activities and projects being taken up in the year 2017-18 which includes Foundry Excellence Workshops, Green Foundry Drive, Foundry Biz Mantras, Cast Source Meet etc. He elaborated that Foundry Innovation & New Technology Summit is one of such key initiatives taken up during the year.
Mr. Panchal added that as the President, it is his priority to promote Zero Defect Mindset, Innovation Mindset, Open to New Things Mindset amongst Indian Foundry Industry and urged the industry to upgrade, kick-start new growth, improve and activate their teams to bring changes in working and lead the market. He concluded his address with theslogan “Lets Cast it Together, Lets Innovate Together”.
Keynote address was delivered by Shri Deepak Gadhia of Muni Seva Aasram and subsequently, Mr. Gadhia gave a presentation on “Solar Thermal Applications in Foundry & Innovation
Ecosystem” which was highly acclaimed by the audience.
Thereafter, President IIF Mr. Amish Panchal presented a Memento to Shri Deepak Gadhia. Series of technical talks continued during the day and following technical papers/ presentations were organized:
- Use of Solar Energy in foundry by Mr. Siddharth Bhandari & Mr. Kapil Jain – Electrotherm India Pvt. Ltd.
- Melt Shop Energy Optimisation by Mr. Aditya Girotra – Ecolibrium
- Automatic Pouring System by Mr. Vishal Wadikar – Maharahstra Engineers
- Sand & Moulding Energy Saving by Mr. Krutik Mewada – Rhino Machines
- Fettling Automation by Mr. Sameer Kelkar – Grind Master
- Foundry Resource Planning by Mr. Christian Kleenberg – RGU
- Low Cost Automation in weighing of liquid metal, materials by Mr. Senthil Kumar – ACI Automation
- Faster development of product with use of 3D Printing by Mr. Pushkar Parashar –Voxeljet
- Robotics in Melting by Mr. Ajit Chaturvedi – Inductotherm
- Green Sand Control by Mr. Anil Vaswani – Wesman Ltd.
- Vertical Foundry by Mr. M. Acharya – Abhishek Alloys
- Green Sand Reclamation by Manish Kothari – Rhino Machines
All the presentations were found to be very interesting by the audience and during Q&A Session
various queries of the participants were replied satisfactorily by the speakers.