The FRP® Difference
The FRP® – PPC System is the tool you need for the operative and strategic planning of your production. With the FRP® – PPC System both long and short term scheduling and capacity situations can be controlled and monitored around the clock.
The FRP® – PPC System is particularly suited for planning and synchronizing moulding, melting and casting processes. Tooling / Pattern availability combined with all resources in any type of metal casting environment allows for the synchronization of continuous and discontinuous processes and the availability of capacities.
- Tool availability, preparation and provisioning, moulding availability for single piece or mass produced castings
- Coordination moulding shop and core production with account taking of pattern plates and core box combinations and allocations
- Provision of liquid melt to several moulding shop areas in different material qualities and ability to form pouring batches
- Cooling time considerations
- Continuity and capacity if cast finishing treatment incl. ESP’s (external service providers)
- Forming of heat treatment batches
The FRP® – PPC System key features:
- Flexible and configurable planning levels with any type of scheduling solutions.
- Forming of production lots at scheduling level and planning according to defined capacities and availabilities
- Confirmation of delivery dates based on capacity plan
- Individual plan for each production level (foundry stage) according to current demand or plan of production lots for all different production steps
- Detailed planning of each production step with machine assignments in order to control the production in the subsequent time-period.
- Selection of most suitable / optimal sequence under consideration of any target criteria or restriction.
- Jobbing order production will cover weekly schedules usually created for the moulding shop whereby each production area can decide on their own sequence and man-power utilization
- Bottleneck visualization via foundry information system for e.g. pits, special boxes, special alloys, others
- Serial order production the previous plan is constantly updated with the new incoming orders forming a new production plan on shift / day / week / month / quarterly basis
- Synchronization of mould, melt and casting process and alignment with upstream (core making) and downstream (e.g. machining) processes.
- Production plans are accessible online
The FRP® – PPC System scope of functions
- Order management with different order types including test and reservation orders
- Capacity planning according to operational areas, machines and individual process steps
- Production variants can be combined as desired
- Online information system for all foundry data
- Extensive configuration possibilities for entering confirmations from production online with actual times, outage and overhead cost times – mobile data entry possibility
- Comprehensive analysis and evaluation possibilities, calculation of KPI including final costing and performance efficiency evaluations
- Integrated tracing of batch / test and cast number (casting markings) across all foundry stages for the final product
- Variety of processing options for ESP’s
- Processing of all booking data for comprehensive product cost accounting
- Sophisticated block and release concept for planning and confirmations
- Extension options for special processes like centrifugal / continuous / investment / pressure die casting considering los or permanet moulds and models
- GANTT diagrams in form and layout.
Sign up for our Mailing List
Receive the latest news and useful tips