The FRP® Difference
The FRP® – Product Planning System (PP) forms the basis of our success in designing a MES / FRP® system for foundries.
It encompasses the master data for all process and product description and all necessary resources for the manufacturing of casting and other related products.
- The parts or article master lists the descriptive characteristics and technical parameters of the cast parts and pre-products.
- The parameters, object characteristics, formulae and functions are determined by the part groups, which are classified according to technical factors
- The resource plan (RP) contains the time and quantity specifications for processes, workstations, equipment, assembly groups, pre-products and materials in form of a task list with an integrated parts list.
The FRP® – PP System key features:
- Fundamental important business process controlling
- Calculation of product cost and pricing
- Production planning and control including capacity and workforce requirements planning
- Ascertaining the quantities of purchasing materials required
- Cost center accounting, controlling and cost objection controlling
- Identifying company’s KPI and investment planning
- Calculation of wages according to thr remuneration model and performance incentives (contract workers)
The FRP® – PP System scope of functions
- Applicable functionality for any industry if desired manufacturing complex assembly products.
- Support for all functions required in the metal casting sector
- Comprehensive material database linked with material test plans for a variety of different standards and customer specifications
- Directory of standard compositions and price lists
- Integration of tool management with assignment according to RP for moulding plates, core boxes, casting dies, etc.
- Close interaction of the RP and test plans for parts and materials
- Administration of the moulding box store including selection of suitable boxes
- Pre-configuration of part groups through all production stages of the cast part
- Inclusion of any typical foundry formulae known
- Classification characteristics for the different moulding and casting procedures
- Administration of diagrams, documents, images, 3D and any other data
- Storage of work and test instructions in any number and formats
- User – defined formulation of surcharges and conversion to customer dependent metal prices
The FRP® – PP core function : Resource Plan
- The center of FRP® – PP is the resource plan (RP) program. Here, the data for a finished part can be edited at all structural levels. Standard RP are stored as templates
- Parts and complete RP can duplicated with user decision on part that shall be adopted and parts that shall be modified
- Simple procedures for new items or tools with sophisticated authorization concept controls for data and functions
- Change documentation and history function on any level
- Availability of information and research options to look for individual items
- “Cost to Cast” technology and display online
- Automatic workflow for calculating offers and auto-scheduling of received orders
- Specifications and cost elements are stored in an online archive for tracing of development cost at any life cycle moment
- Automatic update option for related production tasks lists taking status of individual lots into consideration
Sign up for our Mailing List
Receive the latest news and useful tips